On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM, Ermanno Battista <aze...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> i am running the virtual machine available in the tinyos repository on a
> mac os x lion environment.

can you be more specific about which VM with TinyOS you are running?

I suspect it is the Xbuntos VM environment talked about on docs.tinyos.net.

If so, that is really really old.   Either TinyOS 2.0 or 2.1.    Which is
at a minimum at least 2 years old.   The Linux code inside the VM is also
very old at this point.

Current TinyOS is 2.1.2.   You probably want to be using that.

I would recommend intalling a current Ubuntu 12.04 or 11.10 into a fresh VM
and then bring in the TinyOS code and development tool chains.

> Everything works well (i can build and install programs on telosb and
> micaz) a part from the JNI libraries. When i try to execute PritfClient or
> Listner i get an error message:
>
> java net.tinyos.tools.PrintfClient -comm serial@/dev/ttyUSB0:telosb
> Thread[Thread-1,5,main]serial@/dev/ttyUSB0:115200 died - exiting
> (java.io.IOException: Could not open /dev/ttyUSB0: TOSComm JNI library
> runtime error: get_modem_status: Protocol error)

Okay.   You are running with a VM (Linux inside) with a TelosB plugged into
the host computer.   You need to figure out how to tell the VM to attach
the USB attached to your hardware and then talking to Mac OS X.

I personally use Parallels rather than VMware and my TelosB shows up as
/dev/ttyUSB0.

> Thanks,
> Ermanno
> --