Hi!

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:09 AM, mamta_b <mamtabu...@indiatimes.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> you mean we can use RF230Ieee154MessageC configuration file instead of
> RF230ActiveMessageC ? and interfaces Ieee154Send, Ieee154Packet instead of
> AMSend[am_id_t id], AMPacket etc. present in tos\platforms\iris and
> tos\chips\rf2xx\rf230.

Yes. No changes are necessary, just use the RF230Ieee154MessageC
component and the provided interfaces.

> so can you tell me how to use and where to wire these
> interfaces? Actually i am not understanding where to make changes if we want
> ieee 802.15.4 mac?

You have to implement any Ieee 802.15.4 logic on top of
RF230Ieee154MessageC, but that might not be very efficient because of
delays in the RF230Ieee154MessageC components. To do anything serious,
you need to understand how the rf230 (or rfxlink) stack is built up.
Look at RF230RadioC, and understand what is going on there.

Miklos

> thanks.
>

> Miklos Maroti wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> You can use all rfxlink radios (rf230 included) to send IEEE 800.15.4
>> frames with short addresses. Basically, it just another packet format
>> but underneath it is still the same tinyos specific timing/low power
>> listening mac. You can turn off LPL and packet link, then it will be a
>> single shot message send or broadcast, but if the channel is very busy
>> then the backup time is not the same as in the standard. However, I
>> believe that you will be able to communicate with legacy devices if
>> they also use the short address format. Of course no beacon mode or
>> device discovery is implemented.
>>
>> Miklos
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 11:58 PM, mamta_b <mamtabu...@indiatimes.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> hi Janos, as we know that TKN154 supports only cc2420 transceivers but in
>>> tos/lib/rfxlink/layers i have seen some files named Ieee154Messagelayer,
>>> Ieee154Packetlayer and in tos/chips/rf230/layers too same named files. so
>>> can we change the default MAC in rf230 to IEEE 802.15.4 MAC by using
>>> these
>>> files.