If you have installed tinyos on cygwin sucessfully, then you can use
the java Listen application (i have done it so many times). You need
to install a 32-bit java even on a 64-bit windows, then get the
tinyos-tools installed, which should install the toscomm.dll and other
stuff at the right place. Miklos