Hello all,

I have come across  one of the way for acknowledging the packets,

 task void send() {
    call PacketAcknowledgements.requestAck(&myMsg);
    if(call AMSend.send(1, &myMsg, 0) != SUCCESS) {
      post send();
    }
  }

 event void AMSend.sendDone(message_t *msg, error_t error) {
    if(call PacketAcknowledgements.wasAcked(msg))
      // do something if packet was acked
    else
      // do something else if packet was not acked (possibly resend)
  }

Actually my doubt is, the receiving mote should have to acknowledge the packet
or it should have  PacketAcknowledgements interface in its application in order
to send ACKs.

How this type of acknowledgement works?

And I have checked with my own type of acknowledgement, it works like after
receiving the packet the mote acknowledge the packets, if source mote does not
receive positive ack in certain time frame then re transmit the packet .

So which is better way of doing?

Please guide & thanks,

Swetha
sweth...@aol.com