There really isn't a heap.   The heap traditionally (on larger cpus, larger
memory) is unallocated memory and used by malloc.

Malloc is frowned on in small embedded systems (tends to promote wild
pointers).

So I'm not sure what you mean when you say you want to increase the heap.

I suspect you'd like to have more memory allocated to packets.   I suspect
you are running in to the Z1 (2618 based) RAM size of 8K.

The TelosB (1611 based) has 10K of RAM.

This is one of the reasons we went to the 5438a part which has 16K RAM.

You'll have to basically take inventory of how the Z1 image you are using
is put together and then figure out how to carve it up differently.

It is unlikely that anyone will hand you the answer because they haven't
gone there.   Anontio may be willing to help guide you.

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM, Jhon James <softtro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I want to increase the heap size in my Z1 platform to allow great pings
> can anyone tell how I can achieve that?? If you have experience with telos
> even then that is not a problem. I just need a hint
>
> Regard's

Eric B. Decker
Senior (over 50 :-) Researcher