On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 12:09 AM, Tim Godfrey <timothy.godf...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My question is, is the processor MSP430F5438A supported by tinyos? How
> does one take compile apps for that target?
>
> I am attempting to add a new platform to my tinyos installation. The mote
> I want to add support for is a Texas Instruments CC1180DK_DB mote. It has
> an MSP430F5438A microcontroller and a CC1180 radio controller.
>
> I have been following the 'Platforms' guide on the wiki (
> http://docs.tinyos.net/tinywiki/index.php/Platforms) to add a new
> platform. At the moment when I compile I get a whole bunch of "'Variable'
> undeclared " errors for the variables
>
> - TACCTL0
> - TACCTL1
> - TACCTL2
> - TACTL
> - ME1
> - UTXE0

Those are defines for the x1 cpus.   you are using an x5 cpu.   It aint
going to work.

You need to use the tinyprod varient of the tinyos code.   you can find it
at https://github.com/tp-freeforall/prod.   In particular look at the mm5s
platform.   It is a simple platform based on the 5438a and the TI
msp-exp430f5438 development board.

> - ...
> etc.
>
> As far as I can work out, it is because the header file, msp430f5438a.h,
> does not include definitions for those constants (defines?).

What header file for the msp430f5438a.h are you using?

What toolchain are you using?   You should be using 4.6.3

> I did read in the devel mailing list, that in 2011 Eric Decker was working
> on support for 2nd and 3rd generation msp430 devices, and had created
> tinynode instances on a bunch of those devices, including the one I am
> trying to work with. However, the git repository that he was developing is
> not serving the code (anymore? at least not to me),

Which repository are you talking about?

The work moved over to tp-freeforall  and has been continueing over there.
  See above for the link.

You should get a github user id and fork the tp-freeforall repository and
follow the instructions in 00d_Contribution_Process.

> and the current trunk version of tinyos from google code doesn't improve
> my compilation output.
>
> Thanks ahead of time for your help!
> Tim

Eric B. Decker