I myself also am experiencing this exact same error.

I am able to use printf() and run PrintfClient utility without problems if I
use it in a dummy application, but when I try to use it in my application
using BLIP I get this exact error. I've tried commenting out instruction
"#include "blip_printf.h" because I am using "#include "printf.h", but I
still get the same errors.

I am using TinyOS 2.1.2.1 with msp430-gcc (GCC) 4.6.3 20120301 and TelosB
hardware. I use "make telosb blip" to compile my application.