On 12/06/2013 11:00 PM, nivedita datta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using TinyOS 2.x and have written a program for AES to encrypt/decrypt
> the data being sent across the nodes. I have used the Avrora to simulate
> the environment. However, Avrora doesnot record the CPU cycles/energy
> consumed by the encryption/decryption algorithms.
>
> I need to trace the energy that will be consumed by nodes during those
> functions. Please provide me some pointers on how can I trace the energy
> consumed by various functions on TinyOS.

HI,

actually you can do that with Avrora:

* Use the printf Future to log the start and stop of your encryption
* After that you can compute the energy consumption with the help of the
elogs, you just have to compute U * I * t.

The overhead for printing the printf statement is quite low ~2-3 cycles,
so the overall consumption will be ver close to the real values.

Good Luck!

--
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT) - Institut für Telematik

Christian Haas
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
Zirkel 2 / 76131 Karlsruhe

Telefon: +49 721 608-48673
Fax:     +49 721 608-46789
E-Mail:  christian.h...@kit.edu
WWW:     http://telematics.tm.kit.edu/staff_78.php

http://www.kit.edu/
KIT - Universität des Landes Baden-Württemberg und nationales
Großforschungszentrum in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft