Hi Guys,

I am new to Tinyos. I am using AMSend.send(am_addr_t addr, message_t* msg,
uint8_t len) to send packet to the destination. Before sending, I use l
AMPacket.setType() to set type as follows:

 uint8_t  AMID=3;
call AMPacket.setType(&m_msg, AMID);

But it seems the type of the packet fails to be set to 3. on the
destination:

call AMPacket.type(msg)

The results is 123 (using %d to print it)

I checked the AMPacket component. It indicates that

"As the AM type is set as part
   * of sending with the AMSend interface, this command is not used
   * for sending packets."

Does this mean that AMPacket.setType() function can not be used? So if I
want to define different types of packet, how should I do?

Thanks in advance

Neil Lin