On May 31, 2014, at 6:10 PM, Roadstar Runner <redstripe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Andris,
> I understand that TinyOS is an all volunteer project and commend the time put
> in by the you and others. One of the aspects of TinyOS that attracted me to
> it was the enthusiasm and  activity i saw on the forums. That seems to be on
> the decline now. I hope that it does not become a vicious cycle. That
> combined with the fact that the TinyOS tools are years old, do not bode well
> for the future of TinyOS.
> I have finally almost managed to get TinyOS working with gcc v4.9.0. Though i
> am a novice wrt gcc, I will be more than willing to contribute in any way to
> upgrading the toolchain. I will be testing the new version of gcc with a few
> test programs and will keep you updated as i go along

Your problem is an avr-gcc problem, not a TinyOS one. Unfortunately it's a
problem that's tricky to fix. TinyOS hasn't really been supported on Cygwin for
a very long time; since the availability of free VM players, the recommended
process for Windows has instead been to run Linux in a VM. Compiling compilers
under Cygwin is tremendously difficult, TinyOS or not.

It also sounds like you're not following the instructions that people *are*
giving you. We're happy to help, but that's all we can do -- help.

Phil