On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 11:09 PM, Robert Clove <cloverob...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was trying to run tinyos
>
> I did the following steps

what instructions were you following?

I ask so we can track them down and fix them too.   Various folks have over
the years written their own instructions (for various reasons) and we are
trying to sort that out.

For the time being follow the instructions at
http://tinyprod.net/repos/debian/

Since you want to use the development trunk (gh:tinyos/tinyos-main), you
will want to install tinyos-tools-devel.

> |sudo apt-get install build-essential openjdk-6-jdk openjdk-6-jre python2.7
> python2.7-dev automake avarice avr-libc msp430-libc avrdudebinutils-avr
> binutils-msp430 gcc-avr gcc-msp430 gdb-avr gdb-msp430 subversion graphviz
> python-docutils git checkinstall

I would recommend that you remove what installed above.   Prior to
installing from the tinyprod repository.

> After that, i have downloaded/clone tinyos source code repository from
> github
>
> git clone https://github.com/tinyos/tinyos-main.git
>
> Then
>
> git clone https://github.com/tinyos/nesc.git

you won't need to build nesc.   You can install it from the tinyprod
repository.

> Then
>
> *cd nesc/*
>
> *./Bootstrap*
>
> *./configure*
>
> *make*
>
> *sudo make install*
>

> *then*
>
> *cd ../tinyos-main*
>

> *sudo* *nano .bashrc*

You won't need to set any of the environment variables.   They don't get
used with the development trunk.

> *export TOSROOT=”/home/pi/tinyos-main-master”*
> *export TOSDIR=”$TOSROOT/tos”*
> *export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$TOSROOT/support/sdk/java*
> *export MAKERULES=”$TOSROOT/support/make/Makerules”*
> *export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$TOSROOT/support/sdk/python*
>
> *echo “setting up TinyOS on source path $TOSROOT”*
>

> *source .bashrc*
>

> *tinyos-main# source .bashrcsetting up TinyOS on source path
> /home/pi/tinyos-main-master*
>
> *Then*

> *cd apps/Blink/:/home/pi/tinyos-main/apps/Blink# make
> telosb../../support/make/Makerules:56:  Old TinyOS environment variables
> detected.    This version of the TinyOS make system has deprecated the
> TOSDIR, TOSROOT,    and MAKERULES environment variables. Generally, you
> shouldn't need    environment variables with this version of the TinyOS
> make system, and if    you are not using any older versions of TinyOS on
> your system you should    delete these environment variables. If you wish
> to leave these variables    but hide this warning, set the
> TINYOS_NO_DEPRECATION_WARNING environment    variable. If you are looking
> to compile against a different TinyOS tree,    configure the makefiles used
> when compiling, or setup an external TinyOS    tree with additional source
> files, please visit
> https://github.com/tinyos/tinyos-main/blob/master/support/make/README.md
> <https://github.com/tinyos/tinyos-main/blob/master/support/make/README.md>
> for more information about the TinyOS make system./bin/bash:
> tos-ident-flags: command not found../../support/make/Makerules:157: ***
> [ERROR] Your version of tinyos-tools is too old (<2.2.0).Please build and
> install the tinyos-tools in the tinyos-main/tools directory.  Stop.*
>

> I get the following error.
>
> I mine os installed or not how should i verify?

Eric B. Decker
Senior (over 50 :-) Researcher