From: arghav...@cs.otago.ac.nz<mailto:arghav...@cs.otago.ac.nz>
Sent: ‎03/‎05/‎2017 21:44
To:
tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu<mailto:tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu>
Subject: [Tinyos-help] Transmission Range

Hello everybody,

I measured the transmission range of CC2420 radio chip for a couple of
power levels. I have got these measurements:

power level 1 ----> 120 cm
power level 2 -----> 150 cm
power level 3 -----> 3550 cm
power level 4 -----> 4050 cm
power level 5 -----> 4450 cm
power level 6 -----> 5020 cm

Does anyone know what is the reason for such a big jump in the
transmission range of power level 2 to power level 3. Notice that there is
no a big difference between the output power of level 2 and 3. I think is
it around -30 dBm for level 2 and -25dBm for level 3.

*** I defined the transmission range as the maximum distance between
transmitter and receiver so that at least 90% of the packets are
delivered. ***

All the best,
Abbas