Hi.

The product I work on uses TIPC for communication between different computers
on a network. We've actually been using older version (1.7.7 and older ) for
nearly 10 years.

On a new product, we're using the latest Ubuntu server (16.04, still in beta)
using kernel 4.4.0.

On several occasions now, after boot, programs that open TIPC sockets during
the boot process, have ports that does not show in the nametable on the other
computer. This of course causes the programs to not being able to talk.
If we restart the program, reopening the TIPC port, then it shows up on both
sides.

I know this is somewhat sparse info, but I am not sure where to start to look
at this.

One piece of info that might be useful, is that we kind of require the old
interface naming on  our interfaces, so we have turned off systemd's ethernet
naming scheme, and use udev to name the devices.

This should be done well before we initializer the tipc driver  module and give
it a netid and address and enable the bearer links.