Hi Matthew,
See below for my comment.

Also, although this is about a different problem, you should check if you have
the following patch, and the one it is referring to:
commit 06bd2b1ed04ca9f (" tipc: fix broadcast link synchronization problem")

[...]

> 4.      It seems the tipc_msg_validate modified the skb message and the hdr.
> The modified data looks fine and has the correct expected bc-ack/ack values
> in the message. However, currently the bc_ack and ack value is initialized
> before the tipc_msg_validate and so we'll use that value which may cause
> issue on my bc_ack update and comparsion.

The only possible culprit here is the function skb_may_pull(), which is called
from msg_validate() in the rare case that header part of the packet buffer is
non-linear. The function is a little hard to follow, but as I understand it, it
linearizes the buffer in such cases, and header fields read before the
validation will obviously be wrong.

> 5        If i move the bc_ack and ack after tipc_msg_validate, i don't have
> any
> more tipc multicast stuck issue.  I have run it for half a day with multicast
> on 4
> CPUs and so far there is no tipc multicast bundle trigger and no bogus bc_ack
> issue.  All multicast messges has been sent and received properly.
>

> 6         Is this a known behavior and is this an issue? If yes, is this a
> patch for it
> and will 4.4.48 has the same issue? Does the tipc_msg_validate function
> suppose to modify the hdr data and should we use the bc_ack/ack values
> afterwards the modification is completed.

We have never seen this before, but your diagnostics is totally credible. I
will post a patch for this asap.
Nice job!

BR
///jon