I was considering having a mini-film festival as the semester ends in my
Psychological Testing class. I don't mean long films but short clips from films
that could be entertaining but also allow for some re-capitulation of the
principles discussed in the semester. Some of my favorites are the testing of
Leon from Blade Runner (you want to talk about my mother?) and the
"psychiatrist" from Miracle on 34th St. I also once saw a short on one of the
movie channels (probably TCM) called something like "Psychometrician". It was
one of those one reel movies that described a particular occupation. This one
was particularly intriguing because it showed the psychometrician at work
giving some hapless examinee a stress test that seemed to involve, if my memory
is correct, shooting off a starter pistol behind the man's head. I guess
someone thought that would be an occupation someone might be interested in. I
have searched IMDb and the web and have never been able to find it. That would
be an interesting one to record if I ever see it again.

What are your favorite psych testing-related movie clips?

Rick

Dr. Rick Froman, Chair
Division of Humanities and Social Sciences
Professor of Psychology
Box 3055
John Brown University
2000 W. University Siloam Springs, AR  72761
rfro...@jbu.edu
(479)524-7295
http://tinyurl.com/DrFroman