Hi

I found following

Noor, Q. (2003). Leap of Faith: Memoirs of an Unexpected Life. New York: Miramax

reference at

http://division39.org/pub_reviews_detail.php?book_id=293

(APA section on Psychoanalysis).

It does not strike me as correct, either.   I wonder if something like
following would apply

Queen Noor (2003). Leap ...

on the assumption that Queen Noor acts as her single name, and one would
probably be citing her as "Queen Noor (2003)" or "(Queen Noor, 2003)".
Speaking personally, I would not be citing her as "Noor (2003)" or (Noor,
2003), just as one would not cite Queen Elizabeth (were she to write her
undoubtedly interesting memoirs) as "Elizabeth (2008)" or "(Elizabeth, 2008)".
Reference should probably correspond to citation style.

I do not see how one can use names that in fact do not appear in the
authorship, as in the other possibilities.

Take care
Jim

James M. Clark
204-774-4134 Fax
j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca

>>> Beth Benoit <beth.ben...@gmail.com> 13-Dec-09 5:04:42 PM >>>
How does one cite an author in the reference section if he/she is royalty?
 I have a student who is writing a paper about Queen Noor, from a
developmental standpoint.  My student is using her autobiography (called *Leap
of Faith)*, as a reference, and the author is listed in the book as "Queen
Noor."  Her real name is "Noor Al-Hussein" (or, of course, Lisa Najeeb
Halaby).  How to cite in the Reference section?

Noor, Q.
Noor, A.
Al-Hussein, N.
Halaby, L. N. (a.k.a. Noor, Q.)
???

None of these sounds correct, but Al-Hussein, N. seems the most valid.  Yet
she didn't cite herself that way in her book.  Very strange...

How, for example, would Queen Elizabeth be cited if she were ever to do an
unexpected thing like write a book?

Beth Benoit
Granite State College
Plymouth State University