���Michael Britt wrote on why Skinner preferred to be called Fred:
> If I had a name like "Burrhus" I'd probably do the same thing.

A rather more famous person (in the UK at least) had a similar problem,
but resolved it differently. Chief Inspector Morse, of the Oxford
Criminal Investigation Department, insisted that people call him just
"Morse" (though on one occasion he told someone his first name was
"Inspector" – tee, hee!).  For some reason he was bashful about
revealing that his name was Endeavour.

http://www.itv.com/drama/copsandcrime/morseweekend/castandcharacters/default.html

Allen Esterson
Former lecturer, Science Department
Southwark College, London
http://www.esterson.org

Re: [tips] Who put the BF in Skinner?
Britt, Michael
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:09:29 -0800
If I had a name like "Burrhus" I'd probably do the same thing.

Michael Britt
mich...@thepsychfiles.com
www.thepsychfiles.com
Twitter: mbritt