Hi

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, James Guinee wrote:

> This study sounds like a reminder that many things in life
> may be a matter of neither too much nor too little.
>
> JPG
>
> CHICAGO (Reuters) - Forget what mom said about keeping your hands in
> your lap while talking. Gesturing while speaking appears to free up
> the brain to perform other tasks, such as remembering a list,
> scientists report.

Has anyone seen a detailed description of this study?  I wonder
if the gesturing "helped" memory, as in all the media releases,
or could it be that not gesturing "hurt" memory, perhaps because
the natural thing to do would be to gesture.

Best wishes
Jim

James M. Clark                          (204) 786-9757
Department of Psychology                (204) 774-4134 Fax
University of Winnipeg                  4L05D
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3B 2E9             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CANADA                                  http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/~clark