Rod,
I've had the same thought, particularly as a capstone experience with our HoP course. You could easily do the major German universities ending with the birth of experiemntal psycholgy at Leipzig.

Please keep me informed. Thanks,
Stan

Stanley H. Cohen, PhD
Department of Psychology
West Virginia University
307-B Oglebay Hall  POB 6040
Morgantown, WV 26506-6040
Tel. No.: 304-293-2001x641
Fax: 304-293-6606

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/01/02 07:16AM >>>
Hi everyone:

For a while I've been thinking about putting together a field trip for
my students to places in the United States and Europe that have
significance for the history of psychology.  For instance, there is a
neat section of Ellis Island that talks about the role of intelligence
and mental health testing of immigrants.  The Freud Museum in London is
also really interesting.

Here is my question to you:  If you were putting together a history of
psychology field trip to places in the United States and Europe, what
places or sites would you select?  Why would you select these places?

Our adminstration is very receptive to the idea of developing these
kinds of educational field trips for our students.  If I can put
together a 7- to 14-day itinerary, there is a very good chance that our
administration will approve it as an official course.

I look forward to your suggestions!

Rod

Roderick D. Hetzel, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology