If I ever give more than a week to complete something, I always have
intermediate steps required, such as thesis acceptance, outlines,
drafts, article submissions, etc. This also cuts down on plagiarism
since they must attached all articles cited and i've read their paper in
all its stages. Most of my assignments are just projects, etc. that I
give a week to work on and then everyone procrastinates until the night
before, but I have to say, I did the same thing in college so I don't
lecture them as I did not practice what I would be preaching.

--
Tasha R. Howe, Ph.D