Hi Nancy:
I am not a bio maven but here is an introspection: It goes along with relaxing
all the other muscles; the eyelids relax....It just feels good, along with the
other muscles we stretch and curl around....

Annette

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Hello friends,
>
> A student posted a question to my discussion board, essentially asking
> why we
> close our eyes when we sleep and what part of the brain is in charge of
> this.
> If any of you bio mavens have the answer please let me know and also let
> me
> know if it is OK for me to cut and paste your response to my Blackboard
> site.
> Thanks kindly in advance for the help.
>
> Nancy Melucci
> LACCD
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to tips as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Annette Taylor, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology
University of San Diego