Hi
I always played with the idea of having a mock trial of Hamlet, the
perpetual question of whether he was insane or not.  I also considered a
mock trial of Mark david Chapman...but time is very important.

jim

>From: Maxwell Gwynn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: mock trial?
>Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:39:20 -0400 (EDT)
>
>Marcia:
>
>I'm wondering about the feasibility of using an episode from the new
>series Crime and Punishment (a "reality" show from the makers of Law and
>Order, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, Law and Order: Criminal
>Intent, and Law and Order: Attack of the Clones...).
>
>I haven't had the time to watch the episode I've taped, but I'm wondering
>if all of the trials end in favor of the prosecutors, as these are the
>people who seem to be followed throughout the show.
>
>Any comments from listmembers who have seen one of the first two episodes?
>Alternatively, has anyone used a Court TV episode for a mock trial,  for
>pedagogical or research purposes?
>
>-Max Gwynn
>

>On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, McKinley, Marcia wrote:
>
> > Has anyone ever tried having a class stage a mock trial?  If so, how did
> > you handle providing evidence, facts of the case, etc.
> >
> > I tried this for the first time last semester in a mock trial of a
> > sleepwalking murder, but only gave them the most basic facts.  I told
> > them to make up the remainder, but then one side would end up having
> > different facts than the other.  Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Marcia McKinley, JD, PhD
> > Dept of Psychology
> > Mount St Mary's College
> > Emmitsburg, MD  21727
> >

>Maxwell Gwynn, PhD                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Department of Psychology                       (519) 884-0710 ext 3854
>Wilfrid Laurier University
>Waterloo, Ontario  N2L 3C5 Canada
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to tips as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jim Matiya
Carl Sandburg High School
131st and LaGrange Road
Orland Park, IL 60462
Lewis University. Romeoville, IL
Moraine Valley Community College. Palos Hills, IL
Webpages:  http://www.d230.org/cs/matiya