Title: A question regarding Rape Convictions

One of my students asked if the legal system favored men or women in regards to rape cases. His perception was that women were favored and men were convicted simply on the women's word. I have always thought the opposite - that most cases were thrown out due to lack of evidence. I am interested in finding the statistics regarding this issue - does anyone know where I can find some reliable stats?

Thanks in advance

Cheri A. Budzynski, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Heidelberg College