I'm revising an invited commentary that I cowrote for a psychopharm
journal, and I've made what I think is a self-evident point: that an
animal model of a clinical phenomenon requires good descriptive data
about the phenomenon itself.  So I've got a passage that states:

  "From both ends--preclinical and clinical--the homology between
  drug-seeking behavior in rodents and humans will need continued
  elucidation.  One obstacle to that elucidation is the point of view
  wherein terms such as _descriptive_ are used pejoratively.  We
  believe that science begins with good descriptions, and for relapse
  [to drug addiction], there is a great deal more describing to be
  done."  [I go on to suggest real-time prospective assessment of the
  precipitants and process of relapse, as Saul Shiffman has done
  with tobacco addicts.]

Can the TIPS collective brain point me toward a source that might
supplement my simple declaration that "We believe"?  Searches of
Medline, PsycInfo, and google haven't turned up anything obvious.

thanks,
David Epstein