If you are interested in how one might teach rudimentary theory building,
you might check out chapters 7 and 8 in a now out of print but outstanding
text on experimentation in Psychology. It was originally published by John
Wiley (1975) with a later reprint edition (1983) by Robert Krieger
Publishing.

        Underwood, B.J., & Shaughnessy, J.J. Experimentation in Psychology.

                Joel

        Joel S. Freund          216 Memorial Hall
                                Department of Psychology
                                Fayetteville, AR 72701-1201

        Phone:  (479) 575-4256
        FAX:    (479) 575-3219