From: "Wallace E. Dixon, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 12:40 PM
Subject: SD Woes

Speaking of z-score woes, does anyone know how psychology ended up
with standard deviations rather than mean absolute differences from
the mean.  Is it just because of ease of calculation?

--- You are currently subscribed to tips as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]