> Very interesting and certainly food for thought and topics for =
> discussion on a number of different levels.
>
> For those of you who have published text books, is the perception that
> reviews (obtained by a publisher) have little influence on the final
> product and/or on the revision process a true/realistic perception?
>
> Rob Flint
> ----------------------------
> Robert W. Flint, Jr., Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor of Psychology
> The College of Saint Rose

My experience has been positive -- I think the reviews I have done have
effected some changes

One notable example occurred a few years ago where I reviewed a text
for advanced grad students in clinical/counseling psych and strongly
recommended a chapter on internships to boost the marketability of
the book

Not long after I sent in my review, I received a letter from the editor
asking me if I was interested in writing such a chapter :)

 Jim Guinee, Ph.D.
 Director of Training & Adjunct Professor
 University of Central Arkansas Counseling Center
 313 Bernard Hall    Conway, AR  72035    USA

 "Too many of us have a Christian vocabulary rather than a
   Christian experience.  We think we are doing our duty when
   we're only talking about it."  ... Charles F. Banning

 E-mail is not a secure means to transmit confidential
 information. The UCA Counseling Center staff does not
 use e-mail to discuss personal issues. The staff does
 not maintain 24-hour access to their e-mail accounts.