Hi

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, David L Gent wrote:

> Please reassure your student that she should not fear the
> honest investigation of ideas and that it does not mean that
> she will automatically have to stop being a Bible believing
> Christian.  This does not mean that she will necessarily find
> she ends the process with the same views that she started
> with, but neither does it mean, necessarily, that she will
> end up with the same views that liberal and liberal humanists
> present as givens - has anyone else noticed the tendency
> towards liberal-humanist fundamentalism (there used to be a
> couple of guys in the British media who helped define it for
> me)?

The idea that belief in science and reason is akin to
fundamentalist religious beliefs is simply insupportable.  The
use of science and reason has led to an incomparable
understanding of our physical (including psychology) worlds.

Best wishes
Jim

James M. Clark                          (204) 786-9757
Department of Psychology                (204) 774-4134 Fax
University of Winnipeg                  4L05D
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3B 2E9             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CANADA                                  http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/~clark