Hi

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Stephen Black wrote:

> Jim Clark asked about a book which apparently questioned research
> showing that daycare didn't cause harm to children.
>
> As a long-shot, I wonder if he might be referring to the massive and
> on-going National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
> Study of Early Child Care and Youth Development, which started in
> 1989.

Thanks Stephen.  I do have the NICHHD stuff.  The book was more a
popular press kind of work, and talked about a "cover-up" by
academics promoting daycare as an equivalent to parent-care.

Best wishes
Jim

James M. Clark                          (204) 786-9757
Department of Psychology                (204) 774-4134 Fax
University of Winnipeg                  4L05D
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3B 2E9             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CANADA                                  http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/~clark