OK, I went the student route and put "cluss in furmpaling" into google
and got all sorts of hits on test wiseness. Might be fertile ground for
whatever study happens (which I am willing to participate in too so long
as it incude metacognition).

Marte Fallshore

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 3/9/2004 2:23:18 PM >>>
I have used the following quiz of testwiseness to illustrate common
pitfalls in test writing to my Psych Testing students and colleagues. I
don't remember where I got it but I would be happy to give a proper
attribution if anyone knows.

Testwise Exam

The following is a hypothetical examination on which you could get
every item correct by knowing some of the pitfalls of test construction.
See how well you can do! (Circle the letter preceding the correct
response.)

1. The purpose of the cluss in furmpaling is to remove
            a. cluss-prags                           c. cloughs
            b. tremalis                                 d. plumots

2. Trassig is true when
            a. lusps trasses the vom
            b. the viskal flans, if the viskal is donwil or zortil
            c. the begul
            d. dissles lisk easily

3. The sigia frequently overfesks the trelsum because
            a. all sigia are mellious
            b. sigias are always vortil
            c. the reelsum is usually tarious
            d. no trelsa are feskable

4. The fribbled breg will minter best with an
            a. derst                                     c. sortar
            b. morst                                    d. ignu

5. Some of the reasons for tristal doss are
            a. the sabs foped and the foths tinzed
            b. the dredges roted with the orots
            c. few racobs were accepted in sluth
            d. most of the polats were thonced

6. Which of the following is/are always present when trossels are being
gruven?
            a. rint and vost                          c. shum and vost
            b. vost                                      d. vost and
plone

7. The mintering function of the ignu is most effectively carried out
in connection with
            a. razma tol                               c. the fribbled
breg
            b. the grossing stantol                d. a frally slush

8.         a.                                             c.
            b.                                             d.

Rick
Dr. Rick Froman
Associate Professor of Psychology
John Brown University