Okay I work with with a woman---this is first hand--no pun intended-named Peg Seamen. Every year when I hand out the local "yellow pages on therapists," a student always notices that a Seamen is a sex therapist---yep, Peg's husband.

Sorry, I just got back from Springbreak...the brain is not not completely engaged.

jim

Jim Matiya
Carl Sandburg High School
131st and LaGrange Road
Orland Park, IL 60462

2003 Moffett Memorial (High School Category)

Teaching Excellence Award of the Society for

the Teaching of Psychology (Division Two of the

American Psychological Association

Lewis University. Romeoville, IL
Moraine Valley Comm. College. Palos Hills, IL
Illinois Virtual High School. Cyberspace?
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] >From: "Wuensch, Karl L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >Reply-To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >Subject: RE: Put the Blame on Name >Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:09:48 -0500 > >I have collected funny names for quite a few years, many from TIPS, where >the topic has come up before. You can find them online in an old plain text >file: > >http://personal.ecu.edu/wuenschk/humor/names-funny.txt > >Karl W. > >-----Original Message----- >From: Stuart Mckelvie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] >Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 3:46 PM >To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences >Subject: Put the Blame on Name > > >Dear Tipsters, > >This is the title of an article by Casler (1975l Psychological Reports, >36, 467-472). He lists many interesting examples of connections >between names and occupations (along the lines of the present >posts), and I leave you to discover this treasure trove. There are >also two books of collections by John Train "Remarkable names" >and "Even more..." 1977, 1979 (New York: Potter). > >--- >You are currently subscribed to tips as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information and advice. ---