Hi

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Gerald Peterson wrote:

> Jonj, I have toyed with his kind of stuff in examining
> differences between skeptics and believers in the paranormal.
> I don't have the reference handy, but I believe Bruner in the
> early 60s did a study examining mental set and images that
> were blurred and gradually made clear.  I think a slide
> projector might be of use but not as precise.  Could also be
> used in class to present the idea of signal detection.  Gary

Bruner JS, Potter MC: Interference in visual
recognition. Science, 1964, 144:424-425.

Best wishes
Jim

James M. Clark                          (204) 786-9757
Department of Psychology                (204) 774-4134 Fax
University of Winnipeg                  4L05D
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3B 2E9             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CANADA                                  http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/~clark