Rick Adams wrote:
I don't think that's the issue, Louis. More to the issue is the fact that, unlike a Usenet post, when we post to a subscription mailing list, we have reasonable expectations that our posts will be confidential TO that list.
Certainly there is no reasonable expectation that anything posted anywhere on the internet will be confidential.
Certainly, we're not posting with something to hide--but on the other hand, I've seen list members express comments about the administration of their institutions, provide sample test questions from their exams, and post other material that he or she would probably not care to have in the hands of students.
Caveat poster. :-)
Regards,
--
Christopher D. Green