Looks to me like they are saying they don't have data yet to comment on recurrence of cancer (their most important dependent variable), but they do have data on lifestyle benefits and effects on the immune system (which may later turn out to be related to cancer recurrence).
--Dave

Paul Brandon wrote:
Re: COUNSELING BOOSTS IMMUNITY, IMPROVES HEALTH HABITS
http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/psychcou.htm

One thing that I'm trying to sort out in the press release at the above site are the statements that they have not yet collected enough data to draw any statistically significant conclusions but that nonetheless the findings are 'robust':

"Ours is the first study to use an experimental design to discover what, if any, relationship exists between psychological intervention and risk of recurrence. Statistically, we just don't have enough data yet to determine that, but so far, we know that the intervention is beneficial and the findings are robust, and that gives us greater confidence we have a strong test regarding impact on recurrence," says Andersen.

Anyone sort this out?
--

* PAUL K. BRANDON                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Psychology Dept               Minnesota State University  *