louis schmier wrote:

Interesting what people read into or get out from a message.
Socrates was right not to write. :-))

Louis,
When you try to be zen-like, cryptic, and cute, you can expect professors to write "vague" in red ink on your messages. By not making your point and the underlying intentions clear, you set us up to have to "read into" what you wrote. Maybe all you wanted to do was say that you like teaching--and I think that's nice.
As for your response to me, "What do you think?," I think that's the type of evasive response we've been getting from politicians throughout the current political campaign: Ask a direct question and you get something other than a direct, genuine response. First you have to answer my question. Ignoring my question and asking one of your own just doesn't make for good communication. I would like to think that your own method of instruction involves candidness and directness--not the oblique stuff we just saw.
There's no need to carry this thread further. It's not worth it.

--Dave