Hi everyone,

Last week Stephan Black mentioned that, "let me express my opinion that TIPSters who've written books should not be shy about promoting them on this list. I think most of us would be intererested to hear of them. "

And in Christopher Green's words, "Allow me to self-promote."

I thought I sent a message last week, but somehow it lost its way..

I recently was hired by www.TeachingPoint.net to produce two books for the high school market.  These books contain daily lesson plans (!), a pacing guide for every chapter, assignments, rubrics, an activity book (over 250 pages!) with original project ideas, powerpoints and class notes, two assessments for every chapter, and answers for every graphic organizer, laboratory, and experiment etc. aligned with the National Standards and state standards, for both a one semester course in Psychology and for a full year Advanced Psychology class.

As a retiring teacher, I found the process to be really very interesting and somewhat cathartic....

Jim

Jim Matiya

Carl Sandburg High School
131st and LaGrange Road
Orland Park, IL 60462

2003 Moffett Memorial (High School Category)

Teaching Excellence Award of the Society for

the Teaching of Psychology (Division Two of the

American Psychological Association

Lewis University. Romeoville, IL
Moraine Valley Comm. College. Palos Hills, IL
Illinois Virtual High School. Cyberspace?
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] >From: "Christopher D. Green" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >Reply-To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: Re: TIPSter text >Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:46:15 -0500 > >Stephen Black wrote: > >>Conflict of interest: none declared. And while I'm on the topic, >>let me express my opinion that TIPSters who've written books should >>not be shy about promoting them on this list. I think most of us >>would be intererested to hear of them. > >Armed with Stephen's good opinion, allow me to self-promote: > >Green, C. D. & Groff, P. R. (2003). Early psychological thought: >Ancient accounts of mind and soul ><http://info.greenwood.com/books/0313318/031331845x.html>. Westport, >CT: Praeger. > >Green, C. D., Shore, M., & Teo, T. (Eds.). (2001). The >transformation of psychology: Influences of 19th-century philosophy, >technology, and natural science ><http://www.apa.org/books/431661A.html>. Washington D.C.: American >Psychological Association Press. > > >I think the second one is even "on sale" at Amazon.com. >Unfortunately, I have conducted no empirical studies on ancient >psychological thought or the 19th-century transforamtion of >psychology. Appropriate subjects are now very difficult to come by. >:-) > >Best, >-- >Christopher D. Green >Department of Psychology >York University >Toronto, Ontario, Canada >M3J 1P3 > >e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >phone: 416-736-5115 ext. 66164 >fax: 416-736-5814 >http://www.yorku.ca/christo/ >============================ >. > > > >--- >You are currently subscribed to tips as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >To unsubscribe send a blank email to >[EMAIL PROTECTED]