[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On 23 Nov 2004 at 19:43, Miguel Roig wrote:

However, I wonder whether they would be suitable for a first-year
student or as a summary of Freud's life and work. Would you
recommend any of the ones mentioned? Are there any others that you
think do a good job presenting his work?

Miguel:
It's no contest, really. Your search is over. The book you want,
given your requirements, is Calvin S. Hall's supremely classic little
paperback, _A Primer of Freudian Psychology_, now in its zillionth
edition. This is the one. Trust me. And forgive me, Allen.
I agree with Stephen here, though I must confess that fear of provoking Allen's wrath (again) gave me some trepidation in saying so. Hall's books is short, to the point, and with a minimum of evaluation. It doesn't tell you what to think of Freud, but it tells you what Freud thought, and you can read the whole thing in a couple of days.

Regards,
--
Christopher D. Green
Department of Psychology