Stephen wrote
"All I ask is one convincing study with objective criteria for improvement,
against an equally- credible control group (say, for example,  psychotherapy by
interpretation of goat entrails)."

Wow! Psychotherapist = haruspex. Someone has finally started a thread that
let's me use one of favorite words in a real discussion. See
http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-har1.htm

Ed

I am on sabbatical during the spring '05 semester. Please contact me via
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D.
Dept. of Psychology, West Chester University of Pennsylvania
Home phone: 610-363-1939
Home Page: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/epollak/home.htm