Noting from me for months and then three in one day - something strange
is happening.

I have been on our departmental assessment committee for 3 years and we
have struggled to come up with a solution for a variety of reasons, but
I'll pose one question and one money making scheme

Question - if an exit exam is going to be developed from scratch what
content areas should it include?  What content should ALL psychology
majors know?  We have been considering a two part exam (part 1 -
questions all majors must answer; part 2 - questions drawn from a pool
dependent upon which courses you have taken for the degree) that would
be computerized so that it could be adaptive.

Money making scheme - we as TIPS create an exit exam and sell it at a
very reasonable price and use the money to support a psychology
scholarship or travel grants for TIPS members.  Collectively we must
have 1000's of questions in a variety of formats (although I would guess
that most places want an easily scored MC exam).

Deb, if you don't mind sharing what you find with me please do.

Doug

Doug Peterson, Ph.D.
Acting Director of the Honors Program
Associate Professor of Psychology