We once had some experts visit our university to dialogue about learning communities.  Wouldn't it have been easier to just talk?
High schools offer classes in keyboarding.  I liked my class in typing.
Although not an example of noun/verb confusion, my pet peeve is "utilize."  Many people, especially faculty, seem to like better than "use" because it has more syllables.  I use a spoon for eating, but I might utilize it for gardening.

Michael T. Scoles, Ph.D.
Interim Chair, Dept. Psychology & Counseling
University of Central Arkansas
Conway, AR 72035

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 3/17/2005 12:26:38 PM >>>
Actually, a pet peeve of mine with the word "impact" is with its use in
titles of papers to infer causality (The impact of variable x on variable
y").  Too often, it turns out that the variable presumed to exert the
'impact' is really a subject variable like as sex or ethnicity, or some
other such variable that cannot be manipulated.

Miguel