We seem to now be working on the opposite question from Nancy's
original-- psychological disorders predominantly male.

Allen Esterson suggested that the type of OCD involving collecting
artefacts was an example, and Scott Lilienfeld concurred, noting:

> Yes, and interestingly, I believe there's some good data indicating that
> the hoarding subtype of OCD is marked by male predominance.  Interesting....

And how about apotemnophilia (aka body integrity identity disorder,
amputee identity disorder or, more simply, "amputee wannabees")?
These are people with the compulsion to have a healthy limb (or
limbs) amputated. I've only seen one mention of a case history of
this disorder involving a woman. First (2004), in a telephone survey
of 52 subjects, reported that 90% were male.

If that doesn't satisfy, there's a subtype of this disorder that's
100% male: wanting to be castrated. Wassersug et al (2004) in an
internet survey found 134 men who were interested in doing this.
Actually, 17% said they had already done it. But not a single woman
in the group.

Stephen

First, M. (2004). Desire for amputation of a limb: paraphilia,
psychosis, or a new type of identity disorder. Psychological
Medicine, 34, 1-10.

Wassersug, R. et al (2004). New age eunuchs: motivation and rationale
for voluntary castration. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 33, 433-4442.

Stephen L. Black, Ph.D.            tel:  (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Department of Psychology         fax:  (819) 822-9661
Bishop's  University           e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC  J1M 1Z7
Canada

Dept web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
TIPS discussion list for psychology teachers at
 http://faculty.frostburg.edu/psyc/southerly/tips/index.htm