On 8 Apr 2005, Philippe Gervaix wrote:

> 2005) mentionned a canadian report
> Laval University. I gave an english translation of the title, but
> French and the original reference  is:
> Gauthier C, Mellouki M & al. (2004). " Interventions pédagogiques
> efficaces et réussite des élèves provenant de milieux défavorisés: une
> revue de la littérature". Chaire de recherche du canada en formation à
> l'enseignement, Université Laval, Québec, Canada.
>   (http://www.fqrsc.gouv.qc.ca/recherche/pdf/rapp-crcfe.pdf or download
> from http://www.fqrsc.gouv.qc.ca/recherche/index1.html)

Hey Phil:

It's 93 pages long, and in French (well, duh!). Could you give us
French-challenged TIPSters a summary of what it says about Direct
Instruction?

Stephen L. Black, Ph.D.            tel:  (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Department of Psychology         fax:  (819) 822-9661
Bishop's  University           e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC  J1M 1Z7
Canada

Dept web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
TIPS discussion list for psychology teachers at
 http://faculty.frostburg.edu/psyc/southerly/tips/index.htm