Marc:
        Was the first ad for leptoprine (sp?)?? I remember seeing an ad
with "leptin" represented in the brand name that said (in essence) -
this is not for losing a few pounds, because this pill is _very_
powerful, only for those with serious for the industrial-strength
variety. The ad intrigued me because the hormone leptin is secreted by
fat cells, and works to decrease hunger when detected by the
hypothalamus. However, it was my understanding that commercial
applications of leptin had not been developed. The ad I saw was for the
higher number ($150 sounds about right). I do not recall the lower
number. Or MAYBE I only recalled the $150 ad because it is an attention
grabber, and I channel surfed past the other ad.
        Hey - since consumers are thoroughly cynical about "something
for nothing" maybe they are exploring the other end; like putting your
house on the market for $190,000 and if it doesn't sell, increase it to
$325,000, and you'll at least tap into a different population of buyers.
        I'd be curious to see what you turn up on this ...

John W. Kulig
Professor of Psychology
Plymouth State College
Plymouth NH 03264

"The roots of learning are bitter; but the fruits are sweet" - Polish
saying.