Allen Esterson says that I wrote:

> >Allen is… kind to psychoanalysis…

[actually, I said "too kind"]

And he wittily replied in mock horror (at least I hope it was mock):

> I must protest at this slur, which, if widely publicized, would have an
> adverse effect on my professional reputation. My solicitors will be
> contacting Dr Black in the near future.

Feeling argumentative today, I note that Allen said in his original
post:

"To my knowledge, no studies have shown that psychoanalytic
psychotherapy is uniquely efficacious"

while I said:

"Psychoanalysis is pseudoscience, and its treatment quackery. It's a
sad, silly,  expensive,  harmful, interminable (even Freud said
that), and  worthless treatment."

The defense rests.

Stephen L. Black, Ph.D.            tel:  (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Department of Psychology         fax:  (819) 822-9661
Bishop's  University           e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC  J1M 1Z7
Canada

Dept web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
TIPS discussion list for psychology teachers at
 http://faculty.frostburg.edu/psyc/southerly/tips/index.htm