Excuse me, Carol, but most of us were rather certain.  We are PhDs,
after all.

Never mind, of course, that many of us were wrong.  :)

From: DeVolder Carol L [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 12:24 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences
Subject: RE: anti-therapy & social-therapy / political neutrality

OK, remember back sometime during the winter I asked Tipsters to answer
the question "What is a stem cell?" Although everyone's responses were
in the vicinity, some individuals were uncertain. And when I asked about
from where and when are they harvested, respondants were even more
uncertain. It's my belief that most of the general public, many of the
legislators in Washington, as well as conservative extremists have no
clue. (I'm pretty sure I've been redundant in that last sentence). I
assume Bush is as ignorant about this topic as he is about many others.
If a bunch of Ph.D.s was uncertain, then I'm willing to bet that a
gaggle of politicians is even moreso.
Carol

Carol L. DeVolder, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology