I do the ingroup bias exercise, which I found in an Instructor's Manual (Sorry, I don't remember which).  I divide the students  into groups based on some trivial characteristic that will make for relatively even groups. As an example, I often use laced shoes vs. non-laced shoes (My classes are small, so this usually gives me 2 readily determined groups which are fairly equal in size.)  Each group has  5 minutes to come up with a list of reasons why the other group is wearing their  choice of shoes.
This exercise is done after we discuss the concept in  class, so it always
astonishes students that they also produce negative comments  rather than only
positive or  neutral comments about the other, arbitrarily chosen group.  It also
impresses them that the concepts we study in social  psych don't just apply
to other people but also to themselves.

Riki Koenigsberg