Just for fun (and because I needed a break from grading term papers) I
decided to do a comparison of the ratings found on Ratemyprofessor.com
between our college and the local research mill (UBC). To ensure more
stable ratings (and to make my task easier) I only included ratings
when the prof had been rated 20 times or more.  The data are as
follows:
             Mean    N      STD
Langara    3.6533   15    .84757
UBC        3.3304   46    .71829

These differences were not statistically reliable at F(1,59) = 2.091,
p<.153.

If I didn't have so much work to do I could do a broader analysis.
Maybe next time.

-Don.

Don Allen
Dept. of Psychology