I agree. If you've already spoken with your dept head regarding this student, you will have corroboration of the two incidents being related to the same student. And as was said earlier, if he's doing this now (and so persistently), he's likely done this elsewhere.
David

At 01:47 AM 5/5/2006, you wrote:
Rod: I think this definitely should be turned in to your academic discipline committee. I would not let such behavior pass.
Best Wishes. C. Eugene Walker, University of Oklahoma (former Baylor professor) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Original Message ----- From: "Hetzel, Roderick D." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)" <tips@acsun.frostburg.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 12:35 AM
Subject: [tips] the continuing saga of the scantron/integrity problem

It gets funnier (not really)...

Earlier tonight someone in this class used Blackboard to send an email to everyone in the class--except for me. The email claimed I had told students that a certain quiz would count as extra credit towards their final course grade but then changed my mind and just counted it as a regular quiz. The author of this email urged the students to contact me immediately to request that this extra credit be restored.

Fortunately, there are a number of students in this class who forwarded the email to me. Any guesses on the author of this email? You got it--the same student I had confronted earlier today about potential academic dishonesty. I took another look at his grades and discoverd that if I did in fact count this quiz as extra credit, then it would raise his final course grade from a D to a C.

Interesting that he would mispresent me to the other students to raise his grade, and that he also would mislead the other students by not informing them of his true intent. He may not score high in the areas of personal integrity and academic honesty, but he certainly gets an A in persistence...