I know we have some intro text book writers that at least lurk this list. Anyone want to jump in on their impression of the discussion; its importance to teaching.

I guess this is a really fun exercise for us but in the big picture of things how important is it that students know if Freud said the verbatim quote or simply talked about similar concepts and later had the quote attributed to him.

I'm not expresssing myself well. I guess if I look at what I know about memory, I know that students will not remember individual facts, but rather an overall gist of what Freud's work was all about. Does it matter if we present the quote and/or the lovely images summarized on the blog link, knowing that a few years from now they will only remember the gist--that Freud talked about the mind as largely submerged and out of conscious awareness?

Annette

ps: I am still assuming that Freud was not a plagiarist ;-)

Annette Kujawski Taylor, Ph. D.
Professor of Psychology
University of San Diego
5998 Alcala Park