I'm not sure if this data has been published or not, but Gazzaniga did a single subject demonstration for Alan Alda, apparently his very first use of this particular protocol, as part of the "Severed Corpus Callosum" segment of Scientific American Frontiers (which are available as streaming videos online). One split-brain individual (I think his name is Paul) does a number of different tasks (simultaneously drawing 2 different shapes with his 2 hands, responding to cues presented in either the left or right visual fields). In the final demo pictures of paintings (perhaps by Versalius?) of faces made up of fruits or vegetables or books are flashed on the right or the left and Paul indicates whether he sees the whole (face) or the parts (fruit, veggies, or books). The right hemisphere always sees the face, the left the component parts.Cool huh? Maybe it didn't replicate in other patients if you couldn't find it in print.

Linda Walsh
University of Northern Iowa
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Paul Okami wrote:
Hi
I'm trying to track down the source of a Gazzaniga experiment I was told about wherein a split-brain patient was shown an image of fruit, slabs of meat, and other objects arranged to look like a face. Shown the image in the right visual field and asked what he saw, he answered fruit, meat, etc., no face mentioned Shown the image in the right visual field, the answer was "a face", no meat, fruit mentioned. I cannot find this anywhere, and I'm now wondering if it is real. With gratitude to any who can enlighten me,
Paul Okami